Norwalk, CT, June 1, 2022 – INTERPHEX brought the pharmaceutical manufacturing and biotech industries together at the 2022 show last week, taking place May 24 – 26 at the Javits Center. With its second event in seven months—the 2022 edition brought an increase in networking events, show floor programs, customer engagement and technical conference sessions.
A celebratory year for INTERPHEX, coming full circle from the COVID-19 pandemic to bring the industry together in-person, 2022 saw an increase in new attendance, quality lead generation, customer success on-site and amplified the optimism for the future of innovation in the pharma manufacturing industry.
Highlights include the return of long-standing, attendee and exhibitor-favorite programs and events that fostered more networking than ever before. From show floor receptions and in-booth gatherings with exhibitors and attendees—connection and the power of in-person set the energetic tone. A full schedule of technology-based networking and special event programs included the New Exhibitor Reception, INNOPHEX Reception, IPS Technologies Tours, to name a few.
“INTERPHEX 2022 was an amazing rebound year. The energy and optimism within every facet of the show had a positive ‘pre-pandemic’ feel to it,” says Douglas Lugo, Event Director for INTERPHEX. “Exhibitors and attendees alike were focused on creating business opportunities and networking. The overall customer experience at INTERPHEX was great and the final results surpassed our expectations going into the show. We couldn’t be more pleased”
The 2022 No-Cost Technical Conference continued to be a hallmark of the INTERPHEX experience with focuses on inspection, formulation, cell & gene therapy advancements, pharma 4.0, automation, and more. With more sessions than 2021, 9 stages, standing-room remaining sessions with increased attendance and more exhibitor-led sessions on the show floor.
- INTERPHEX Live 2022 Returned to the show floor—moderated by Russ Somma featuring panels with industry experts from ACG Engineering, Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Syntegon Pharma Technology, Savillex, LifeAire Systems, and more. INTERPHEX Live sessions covered regulatory trends, manufacturing with AI and data, and advancements in cell & gene therapy—INTERPHEX Live’s annual focus trend.
- INNOPHEX Stage, Sponsored by Pall Corporation led sessions in the INNOPHEX pavilion including automation in continuous bioprocess and quality by design in viral vector production.
- 2022 Keynote Series, Presented by Pharmaceutical Technology and BioPharm International once again took to the Innovation Stage
INTERPHEX honored outstanding industry thought-leadership and advancements in innovation through long-time favorite programs—the Exhibitor Awards and return of the show floor Poster Hall.
The INTERPHEX Exhibitor Awards returned to honor advancements in technology-development, efficiency, and up-and-coming innovation. Sponsored and reviewed by American Pharmaceutical Review and Pharmaceutical Outsourcing, award categories and winners for 2022 include:
- Best in Show: SUEZ, Sievers Instruments, Sievers M500 Online TOC Analyzers and Software
- Editor’s Choice: Particle Measuring Systems, IsoAir Pro-Plus
- Biotech Innovation: West Pharmaceutical Services, Delta Cube™ Pharma Drug Packaging Solutions to Select Vial, Stopper & Seal
- Best New Product/Service: MilliporeSigma, Bio4C® Software Suite enables integrated, digitally enhanced, and connected unit operations.
- INTERPHEX Efficiency Champion: Apprentice.io, Tempo Manufacturing Cloud
- Best Technologies Innovation: IMA SpA-IMA Life Division, The LYnfinity LAB
The INTERPHEX Poster Hall, Sponsored by BioProcess International, returned to the show floor since its last feature in 2019. The poster hall showcased leading methodologies, displayed all three days of the show. The 2022 Winners included:
- 1st Place: Avient Corporation, Elastomeric Polymers Used in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Tubing Applications
- 2nd Place: Astrea Bioseparations, Alternatives for Affinity Adsorbent Development for Downstream Bioprocessing
- 3rd Place: SUEZ Water and Technologies, Reducing the environmental impact on LAL Testing and Improving Employee Sustainability Utilizing Microfluidic Technology
- 4th Place: SUEZ Analytical, Online Cleaning Validation for Real-Time Equipment Release Using TOC, Inorganic Carbon and Conductivity
- 5th Place: STERIS, Maximizing Sterility Assurance – Sterile Hold Time Testing for Autoclaved Items Used within Parenteral Drug Manufacturing
INTERPHEX gained new attendance from first-time attendees and more international visitors with improving travel restrictions. With over 15% of INTERPHEX attendance accounting for VIP Executive Club members—quality continues to be key to the INTERPHEX experience.
For over 40 years, INTERPHEX has been, and continues to be, the premier pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and device development and manufacturing event where you can “Experience Science through Commercialization.” Sponsored by the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA), the event is based in New York and brings over 10,000 global industry professionals and 400+ industry leading suppliers together to “Learn it, Experience it, Procure it” through a unique combination of exhibits, demonstrations, partnering opportunities, networking and no cost technical conference to leverage quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness in today’s ever-changing global market. INTERPHEX offers annual domestic and international industry events and educational opportunities around the world. INTERPHEX and INNOPHEX together, offer the very latest intelligence, cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art innovation throughout the product development life cycle. Follow INTERPHEX on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram , YouTube, and Twitter. continues the learning beyond the show floor. For more information, visit www.INTERPHEX.com.
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organizations. We elevate the power of face to face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com