(NORWALK, Conn., February 9, 2011) – INTERPHEX has launched INTERPHEXConnects One-to-One Meetings, to bring attendees with sourcing needs together with contract manufacturers and other service providers at INTERPHEX 2011, which will be held at New York's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center on March 29 – 31, 2011.
INTERPHEXConnects One-to-One Meetings will be located in the Sourcing & Services Meeting Center, sponsored by Contract Pharma, in the Sourcing & Services exhibitor Zone on the show floor. The Meeting Center will feature a lounge with six private rooms for pre-arranged meetings between potential buyers and providers, and its staff will also manage the booking process, a service that has already begun.
INTERPHEXConnects One-to-One Meeting services for attendees include:
- Management and coordination services to help pre-registered attendees who have sourcing responsibilities meet targeted exhibitors.
- Pre-show, interested qualified attendees have the opportunity to complete online meeting request forms and review a directory of CMOs and other contract service exhibitors.
- Attendees may select a maximum of five exhibitors and should also provide meeting date and time preferences. Meetings will be arranged in 20-minute intervals, with flexibility for longer times if rooms are available.
- The One-to-One Meeting staff will arrange the appointments, providing individual confirmations and meeting itineraries to both attendees and exhibitors.
- Staff will also provide support to attendees and exhibitors during the Show, at the Sourcing & Services Meeting Center, for both pre-set and on-site-arranged meetings.
INTERPHEXConnects One-to-One Meeting services for exhibitors include:
- Pre-show liaison support between the exhibitors and qualified attendees, arranging the meetings that will take place during the Show. One-to-One Meeting staff will contact exhibitors who have been selected by qualified attendees and confirm meeting dates and times.
- During the event, exhibitors can request Sourcing & Services Meeting Center space for random on-site meetings with attendees when meeting rooms are available. These will initially be in 20-minute intervals, but can be extended if the room remains open.
- Sourcing & Services exhibitors will have access to the Meeting Center's lounge for the duration of the Show, enabling them to take breaks, get in touch with their offices, network, or have non-private meetings with colleagues or buyers.
"We recognize the broad range of products and services that our Sourcing & Services exhibitors offer, as well as the scope and timing of sourcing needs that brings Biopharma and Pharma attendees to the Show," said Bob Stewart, INTERPHEX Industry Vice President. "INTERPHEXConnects One-to-One and its support services will make it easier for our attendees to find the right resources -- and for our contract services and outsourcing exhibitors to meet the right decision-makers."
"Interphex is one of the largest meeting points for our industry," said Shelby Brown, Marketing Specialist, Global Marketing at Patheon. "As a leader in the contract manufacturing and development space, we will have a large presence at this year's show because INTERPHEX provides us a strategic venue to meet with key clients and recruit new ones."
Other highlights of INTERPHEX 2011 event include:
- More than 650 resources for equipment, innovations, solutions, products, and services for small and large molecule manufacturing needs, arranged in four exhibit Zones: Sourcing & Services; Automation: Systems & Controls; Facilities; and Manufacturing & Packaging.
- The opportunity to meet with representatives of the 2011 Facility of the Year Award (FOYA) winners:
- Process Innovation: F. Hoffman – La Roche Ltd.: "MyDose" Clinical Supply facility in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland
- Facility Integration: Merck and Company, Inc.: Global Clinical Supplies Manufacturing, Packaging and Warehouse expansion, Summit, New Jersey, USA
- Project Execution: MedImmune, LLC: Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) Expansion facility in Frederick, Maryland, USA
- Equipment Innovation: Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics GmbH: "MARS Project" (Marburg Site) facility in Marburg, Germany
- Operational Excellence: Pfizer Health AB: Project Pegasus – Bio 7 Manufacturing facility in Strängnäs, Sweden
- Sustainability: Pfizer Manufacturing Deutschland GmbH: SPRING & E-MAP (Strategic Plant Restructuring & Energy Master Plan) project in Freiburg, Germany
- Honorable Mention: Shire HGT: Project Atlas, Building 400 facility in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA.
- More than 30 education sessions, including such topics as regulatory perspectives on continuous manufacturing, single-use biotech facility rapid deployment, and practical approaches to Six Sigma, with sessions moderated by members of the 2011 Advisory Board. There will also be a return of the popular Signature Series, presented by Pharmaceutical Technology, and luncheon presentations by BioProcess International on vaccines and cell therapies.
- INTERPHEX Main Stage in-depth conversations by the editors of BioPharm International and Pharmaceutical Technology with FDA representatives, conference speakers, industry stakeholders and thought leaders.
Details on registration, conference packages, group and ISPE Member discounts can be found at www.interphex.com and event news is available via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Co-locating with INTERPHEX 2011 at the Javits Convention Center will be Buildings NewYork/ Green Buildings NewYork, which will enable facility managers and other interested buyers from pharmaceutical plants to visit that event at no additional cost. BuildingsNewYork/GreenBuildingsNewYork attracts more than 5,000 architects, engineers, contractors, developers, building owners and property managers and is considered the largest annual gathering for the metropolitan New York-regional building community.
INTERPHEX USA is the world's most trusted source for leading-edge technology, education, and sourcing of the products and services that drive scientific innovation for Life Sciences manufacturing. INTERPHEX is produced by Reed Exhibitions, delivering influential leaders in life sciences through unique combinations of conference, exhibition, workshops, partnering opportunities, and networking events.
Reed Exhibitions manages more than 450 trade events annually worldwide and is a member of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading provider of information-driven services and solutions. For information, visit www.INTERPHEX.com and follow INTERPHEX on Facebook, and Twitter (@INTERPHEX).
About Contract Pharma
Contract Pharma is the premier magazine and website for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical contract services and outsourcing. Launched in 1999, Contract Pharma covers industry trends, best practices, and breaking news with a combination of in-house writers, industry experts and sponsor and contractor perspectives. With 10 annual issues, including a year-end Contract Services Directory, growing web-presence, weekly CPDirect e-newsletters and an annual Contracting & Outsourcing conference & exhibition, Contract Pharma has the pharma and biopharma outsourcing industry covered. For more information, visit www.contractpharma.com.